For all the carb kings and queens out there, I feel your pain. Pasta of various types is a comfort food weakness for so many people. If you are seeking healthy substitutions when you're craving spaghetti, just know that you are not alone and there are plenty!
Save this list, pin it to your Pinterest boards, whatever it will take to help you combat your pasta cravings without sacrificing all the progress that you have made with myWW.
Wondering if you can do myWW and Keto? Click the link and find out how I did it. It is tricky but with a little planning you can achieve your goals.
Top 5 Healthy Substitutions for Pasta
It's almost dinnertime and your family is staring at you waiting to see what you are going to make for dinner. It would be easy to throw a pot of water on the stove, a jar of sauce in a pan and then Boom! Comfort food dinner that is done in a flash. How about those carbs, though? There are so many alternative recipes out there to make healthier versions of spaghetti and still keep it an easy weeknight dinner.
1. Butternut Squash Noodles with Lemon Sage Sauce
This recipe comes from a woman who grew up in a very Italian family where pasta was served in different ways for any meal. As a child, her grandfather would make her spaghetti and eggs for breakfast! Simple and luscious, the eggs cook from the heat of the spaghetti, which in this case is butternut squash spirals. The combination of lemon and sage amplifies the flavors to a whole different level and is still only 4 points on Green and 2 points on Blue and Purple. https://www.sassycooking.com/butternut-squash-noodle-recipe-with-lemon-sage-sauce/
2. Healthy Italian Roasted Spaghetti Squash w/ Turkey Sausage and Kale
Inspired by the brand “Jennie-O”, this recipe combines all the flavors you would want in a delicious rustic Italian dish. If you were to choose zero point 98% fat free ground turkey, this has the potential to be a zero point dinner for those on purple and blue! For green, you would simply count one point for each ounce of turkey in your portion. Check out the recipe on The Soccer Moms Site 🙂
3. Shrimp Zoodles
Zucchini noodles, or “Zoodles” as they are commonly called, has become the most popular alternative to spaghetti in recent years. In fact, many of the recipes on this list are based on Zoodles. This simple recipe has notes of lemon, parmesan cheese, garlic and spinach for a hearty meal. Points can vary depending on how much parmesan cheese and olive oil you prefer. Head over to In The Kids Kitchen for the full recipe.
4. Warm Keto Asian Noodle Salad
Craving pasta doesn't always mean Italian! This recipe uses kelp noodles which are notoriously low in carbs but underutilized in my humble opinion. Add in a protein punch of chicken breast with mushrooms, bell peppers, and a wasabi ginger vinaigrette for an Asian twist on spaghetti night. Points will vary depending on how much dressing you use and your desired portions. Find the full recipe on How 2 Do Keto and enjoy 🙂
5. Courgetti Aglio E Olio with King Prawns
Ever popular, spiralized zucchini takes the place of spaghetti in this recipe for a fun twist on seafood pasta. The lemon brightens up the flavors of the shrimp while the red chili and garlic bring a nice kick to the tastebuds. This is the perfect dish for a summer night dinner. Check out this amazing dish and others at Emma Eats and Explores
Hungry For More? Check out These Other Healthy Recipes for When You're Craving Spaghetti
- How to do Keto and myWW
- Easy Thai Pork and Noodles – 5 pts – Blue
- Italian Paleo Meatballs
- Butternut Squash Pasta with Gorgonzola Cream Sauce
- Zucchini Pasta with Creamy Avocado Pesto
- Thai Zoodles
- Pesto Zucchini Noodles
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce
- Lemon Garlic Zoodles
- Italian Chicken Meatballs and Sweet Potato Spaghetti
- Zucchini Pasta Pomodoro
- Zucchini Noodles & Broccoli with Peanut Sauce
- Bolognese Sauce
How to be successful on myWW
- mindset: this isn't a diet, don't let yourself feel deprived. Eat your points!
- tracking: I track everything, even zero point foods
- portion control: this is on my fridge to keep me mindful
- persistence: I wrote this poem about never giving up
- planning: I use meal plans and freezer cooking often
- support: I'm in my WW Facebook group daily
A few meal plans to get your week started.
- 23 Point Meal Plan – Week 1
- 23 Point Meal Plan – Week 2
- WW Freezer Meals
- WW Zero Point Recipes
- How to do a Zero Point Day