We heard before the release of the new plans that there was going to be an assessment that would guide you to which plan is best for you. However, if you are a current or former member of WW, you don't get to take that assessment. This has been frustrating to many members and that frustration can be seen across the net in various WW groups.
“Healthi formerly iTrackbites is an alternative to Weight Watchers. “
WW Assessment Test
If you want to do Weight Watchers, but find it's too costly, check out Healthi formally iTrackbites!
- cost: Healthi formerly iTrackBites costs $36 for the year (using this link for 40% off makes it $36 – use COACH_SMILEY to save!!), WW is $20+ for the month, and it's the same formula and less options
- choices: I can choose PointsPlus, Freestyle, or any other plan I want with Healthi formerly iTrackBites. Even with the new WW changes, they only offer 3 plan options (not PointsPlus).
- logs: You can export your tracker data by the week, month, or quarter with Healthi formerly iTrackBites. WW does not give you access to quarterly data.
- accuracy: I've found inaccurate info in the WW app due to members submitting and not paying attention to the right numbers. With Healthi formerly iTrackBites, I know if I see the green check, it's been verified as accurate. This puts my mind at ease!
Barrett Pastor put together a quick 15 question quiz that will help you pick where to start. Note: this is not an official WW quiz this quiz; it was put together and tested by Barrett Pastor a long-time WW member, Youtuber, and a great friend. Don't worry if you pick a plan that doesn't seem to be working for you, you can switch to one of the other plans in the app with just 3 clicks. Easy Peasy.
Why would you listen to Barrett Pastor? Why do I listen to her? Barrett has been doing WW for over 2 years now and has lost an amazing 40 pounds and only has 10 more to get to her goal. It is a lifestyle for her, as it is for many of us. She talks about WW in her household daily, as we all do. I do the cooking in my household and Barrett does the cooking in hers. For those of us who are the “cooks”, it is important to know which plan is best for our weight loss goals.
WW Testing the Test
Barrett has been testing the programs out for 2 months on herself. As you may know, some of the details of the program were leaked early. She started trying them out and has come up with a 15 question quiz to help you determine which program will work for you. We don't recommend anything we don't try out for ourselves. From kitchen equipment to this test, we try everything out first to save you time and sometimes money 🙂
Does the Assessment Test Work?
She gave the quiz to family and friends to check to see how well it worked. The result – everyone she gave the test to said that yes, that is the plan they would choose. Barrett even gave the test to non-WW members to see how they would answer and the results were astounding. Everyone picked the plan that corresponded with what they came up with during the test.
The WW Assessment Test
Break out your pen and paper because here we go 🙂 You can always go back over your answers and change them, but try not to overthink. (I tend to overthink everything so thought I would add that in here.)
- At Dinner, I eat?
1. Some type of red meat
3. Pasta or Rice dish
- Which meal sounds best for you for lunch?
1. Pulled Pork Sandwich with a side salad and ranch dressing
2. Grilled Salmon with pineapple salsa
3. A rice bowl with veggies and soy sauce
- I mostly eat?
- Out at restaurants on the weekend and at home during the week
- At restaurants throughout the week and on weekends
- I mainly eat at home rarely go out
- As it relates to WW
- I am new and just starting
- I have been on and off for years
- I have been on it in the past and I have tried every program they have
- When thinking about cooking I?
- Love to create new recipes
- Willing to try new things out of a cookbook
- I like to cook but tend to make the same things over and over
- My thoughts on honest tracking (Do you really do it or not)
- I track every bite and I know it
- I usually track but sometimes I forget
- I am not good at it and I don't enjoy it
- If I am going to overeat it will be?
- Some form of spaghetti
- Steak and potatoes
- When thinking about whole foods(veggies and fruits) I?
- Could take it or leave it
- It is important to me but it doesn't rule my life
- I make a concerted effort to mainly eat whole foods
- My thoughts on Keto?
- I want to control what I eat day to day not a diet
- I tried it and I eat low carb I enjoy it, but it doesn't rule my life
- I would never do it
- My Thoughts on sugar-free products and convenience foods
- I eat them often
- I work them in when I need to
- I rarely utilize them
- I cook for my family?
- Every Night
- A few days a week
- They are on their own they can eat what I make or make their own food
- I like to use my points for?
- Nachos (enchiladas) something similar
- Jasmine Rice (any type of rice)
- If I had to eat quinoa every day I would?
- I just wouldn't
- I would be able to do it it is ok I don't choose it often
- That would be awesome I love it
- My biggest diet challenge is?
- Portion control
- Overeating carbs
- I tend to overeat
- From time to time
- I almost never overeat
Which Plan is Best for You?
Add up your answers. Were you about even? Did you get a lot of 1's? Or were 2's more you? Let's see what this means. 🙂
If you picked mostly 1's you are like me and Go Green:)
If you picked mostly 2's that is Freestyle or the Blue program 🙂
If you pick mostly 3's then go Purple 🙂
Click here to print the full assessmentCollaboration between Smileyspoints.com and Barret Pastor on youtube 🙂
Planning made easy
Once you pick a plan, we highly recommend planning your meals out for the week. Click here to get started on some meal plans 🙂 And check out this post for the ultimate list of zero-point foods 🙂