Over in my Facebook group, a lot of folks are asking how to change their plan on the WW app. It's easy and just takes a few clicks! If you're searching for info on the new plans, I've got you! 🙂 WW 2020 Plan Changes
How to Change Your Weight Watchers Plan
Log into your WW app. Click the “person” icon next to the bell. In the top right corner you should see a cog for “Settings”. Click that.
Then, click “Food Settings”.
Choose your plan! It will show the plan you are currently on, so click that and then change it to the one you want.
If you have changed plans successfully, you will see your Points in the color that corresponds with the plan you chose. See above, I chose the GREEN plan.
Here is the Peanut Butter and Jelly Oatmeal Recipe that is in the screenshot above. It is 1 point on the Purple Plan, 5 Points on Green and Blue.
Weight Watchers recommends waiting 2 weeks between plan changes but you can change at any time.
WW Assessment for the New Plans
You may not see an assessment in your app, but here is some info from the app:
Would you rather have more SmartPoints to spend and would be happy limiting your Zero Point foods to fruits and vegetables (not including corn, peas, beans, or other starchy veggies)? Switching to GREEN may be right to you.
Are you already seeing success on WW Freestyle? BLUE is probably the way to go.
Do you really like the Zero Point foods list and want more of them (and are happy to have fewer SmartPoints)? PURPLE might be a great option for you because of the addition of Zero Point foods like oatmeal, whole wheat pasta, potatoes, and fat-free cottage cheese.
WW 2020 Best Tips for Success
I have lots of blog posts to keep you on track, no matter which plan you choose! 🙂
Here are a few things to keep in mind with Weight Watchers:
- mindset: this isn't a diet, don't let yourself feel deprived. Eat your points!
- tracking: I track everything, even zero point foods
- portion control: this is on my fridge to keep me mindful
- persistence: I wrote this poem about never giving up
- planning: I use meal plans and freezer cooking often
- support: I'm in my WW Facebook group daily
On a budget? Try iTrackBites for FREE!
My wife uses iTrackBites to follow the old PointsPlus program and LOVES it. If you choose “Better Balance”, it's identical to the Freestyle (Blue) Plan on Weight Watchers. There is also a way to do the Green Plan for FREE and the Purple Plan for $36 a year.
- cost: iTrackBites costs $36 for the year (using this link for 40% off makes it $36 if you use COACH_SMILEY as the code. You need to put in the code to save the MOST $$$), WW is $16+ for the month, and it's the same formula! UPDATE JAN 2021 — sign up for a free account, then use code COACH_SMILEY after your profile is set up. Click DISCOVER PRO, enter the promo code, and you'll get iTrackBites for just $24.99 a year!! Use this tutorial if you're unsure on how to use a promo code on iTrackBites. (They keep changing this!! So I update this tutorial often.)
- choices: I can choose PointsPlus, Freestyle, or any other plan I want with iTrackBites. Even with the new WW changes, they only offer 3 plan options (not PointsPlus).
- logs: You can export your tracker data by the week, month, or quarter with iTrackBites. WW does not give you access to quarterly data.
- accuracy: I've found inaccurate info in the WW app due to members submitting and not paying attention to the right numbers. With iTrackBites, I know if I see the green check, it's been verified as accurate. This puts my mind at ease!
Have you tried iTrackBites?
Sign up for FREE through my referral link (mobile) and
leave a comment letting me know what you think!
Use code COACH_SMILEY as a PROMO CODE at checkout to get iTrackBites for just $24.99 a year!