I have been thinking about making this Weight Watchers friendly sloppy joe meal all day. Well, the kids have been asking for it so we had them help out :). We wanted a quick and easy way to make this a healthy dish. Ground beef is 3 or 4 points depending on the fat content, and we wanted to make this one as low in points as possible. With that in mind, we got to work and came up with this delicious version of sloppy joes that is sure to have your kids (even the big one) asking for seconds.
Weight Watchers Friendly Sloppy Joe
BLUE PLAN: Zero points
GREEN PLAN: 10 points
Sloppy Joes have been a family favorite for years. We have taken a tried and true recipe and now have made it Weight Watchers friendly. Honestly, this one tasted so good we were a little leary about changing anything, but what is life without a little adventure right? So we dove in head first and came up with this zero point, (don't let that scare you off), sloppy joe meal that is as delicious as the original.
Healthy Sloppy Joe
Sounds like an oxymoron right? Healthy sloppy joes? We are here to show you that you can have your cake and eat it too and not gain but lose weight. Ok, not cake this time but a Weight Watchers friendly meal that is just as pleasing. We love that this meal is so filling and delicious. A 12-year-old can make this one with minimal supervision. That means it is super easy and fast as well.
Serving size 1/2 cup
0 points (for the Sloppy Joe mix add points for your bread choice)
Try our other amazing dishesPrint
A delicious zero point lunch or dinner 🙂
- 1/1/2 pound ground turkey (we used ground beef for this meal but the turkey makes it zero points)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 can unsweetened tomato sauce 15 oz
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 medium green pepper chopped
- 1 teaspoon Pod&Bean hot sauce from the Cocoa Company (optional)
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of shredded fat free cheese. (for a topping)
- Find a low point bread
- Spray a non stick skillet with olive oil pan spray
- Brown turkey in the skillet until cooked thoroughly 5-7 minutes over medium heat
- Add water, tomato sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, hot sauce, crushed red pepper and green pepper to the skillet
- Stir mixture until well blended and the sauce thickens 7-10 minutes stir frequently
- Top with cheese and serve over a slice of cauliflower toast. You can use regular bread and add points accordingly.
1/2 cup servings
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American