I've been cooking up a storm this week! My Instant Pot Beef Stew is YUMMY so I hope you try it! Serve with my 1 point Cheddar Bay Biscuits.
Instant Pot Beef Stew
BLUE PLAN: 8 Points
GREEN PLAN: 7 Points
PURPLE PLAN: 5 Points
How to Make Instant Pot Beef Stew
With Weight Watchers, you can easily change the ingredients for your beef stew, just remember to count points if you're adding anything that isn't on the zero point list. As prepared, this stew is 6 servings (or more!) and 6 BLUE/Freestyle SmartPoints for each hearty serving.
Freeze your leftovers for an easy Freezer Meal. Freezing my leftovers has literally changed the game for me. Freezer Cooking makes it easier to meal plan and to stay on track.
Zero Point Add-Ins
I have thrown in carrots, onions, and peas but there are a few other veggies you can add to make this stew even heartier. I love the new Freestyle Program with all of its Zero-point foods. Here is a list of a few more I would add-in to change up the stew the next time I make it.
- Green Onions
- Bell Pepper
- Crushed Red Pepper (to spice it up a bit)
Instructions for Instant Pot Beef Stew
This stew is hearty, filling, tasty, and easy to make!Print
InstantPot Beef Stew
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 1 1/2 pounds beef roast, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon of reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound red potatoes, quartered
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 3 cups unsalted beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup frozen peas (optional)
- In a bowl, combine beef, pepper, and 1 tablespoon soy sauce.
- Select “Sauté” on the Instant Pot.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to the pot, then add beef. Brown on one side (it'll take just a minute or two), flip over and sauté the beef on the other side.
- Remove meat from InstantPot (it's not fully cooked at this point – that's okay!).
- Add a tablespoon of your oil, plus the garlic. Sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, red onions, frozen peas, beef, beef broth, and the 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, turn and lock the lid, making sure the valve is in the “sealing” position.
- Press the “Manual” button on the InstantPot on high pressure, and then set the timer to 20 minutes.
- While cooking, in a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water.
- Once cook time is complete, allow the pressure to naturally release for about 10 minutes.
- Move the lever to venting (be careful!) and remove the lid.
- Select “Sauté” on the InstantPot. The mixture will start to boil. Add the cornstarch mixture at this time.
- Cook, stirring until the liquid is thickened. Turn off heat.
8 BLUE POINTS
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
PIN IT! 🙂
7 thoughts on “InstantPot Beef Stew”
What is the serving size?
1/2 cup I updated the post to reflect that thank you for letting me know I missed a step 🙂
Your recipe calls for Worcestershire sauce, frozen peas, red onion and 1 tablespoon of soy sauce! No where in the recipe are the Worcestershire sauce, red onion and frozen peas mentioned. It says to add 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and then add the remaining! What remaining soy sauce? Recipe also states to add celery. That’s not listed in the ingredients! Could you please post the correct recipe? Thank you!
I fixed it sorry for the mistake.