You can't get much better than low points and an easy delicious meal. The Zero Point Instant Pot Turkey Meatball Soup is similar to an Italian Wedding Soup but healthier. Utilizing ground turkey instead of beef makes your meal healthier and honestly, much tastier. This soup is so tasty that your family will beg for seconds so be sure to make extra. It freezes well for lunches or a quick dinner later next week. Check out more delicious Instant Pot Recipes.
Instant Pot Turkey Meatball Soup
Soup is a great choice for dinner because it's simple to make and filling. The hardest part is making the meatballs, and how hard is it to mix the ingredients and form into balls? Not hard at all. 🙂 Here's a little life hack for you, have your kid's little hands make the meatballs. This saves you from having to do it and they will enjoy helping you out. Kids seem to also try more foods that they help make. If you have trouble getting them to try vegetables or different foods, include them in the process. This soup has so much flavor they probably won't even realize that they are eating a bunch of vegetables. Well, maybe they will but they taste so good that they will be okay with it, especially if they helped make the dinner. For a soup with a twist try my Broccoli Chicken Cheddar Soup. I added zero point chicken and got the added bonus of texture and protein.
If you don't feel like this soup is hearty enough for you, add some extra zero point vegetables. That's the joy of a soup recipe this like this one, you can change up the ingredients to meet your needs and taste preferences. If you add anything other than zero point vegetables to this recipe, please make sure you add in additional points.
Make up a pot of this dinner and save some for lunch tomorrow. It will be as good the next day and then you're already set with another meal and no additional effort.Print
- 8 cups of unsalted chicken stock
- 1 pound 99% fat-free ground turkey
- ⅔ cup Panko
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- ⅔ cup fat free cheese
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups of diced red onions
- 1 ½ cups of celery
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 12 ounces baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl mix ground turkey, egg, Panko,½ of the cheese, Italian seasoning, and garlic.
- Roll mixture into 20 meatballs about 2 tablespoons per ball.
- Cover a cookie sheet with foil and spray with olive oil cooking spray
- Place meatballs on the cookie sheet and bake on 400 for 15 minutes.
- Put oven on broil and brown the meatballs for 2 minutes and remove from the oven.
- In your Instant Pot combine the broth carrots, onion,and celery and pepper add meatballs and Pressure cook on high for 5 minutes the carrots, celery and onions should be tender
- Natural Release “Do not quick release” about 10 minutes
- Add spinach and stir until spinach starts to become limp
- Add remaining cheese to the top and serve
- Serving Size: 1