Smiley's famous zero point BBQ sauce is a labor of love. We love to BBQ, and enjoy a spicier flare from time to time. To combine the two was a natural progression.
Smiley's Famous Zero Point BBQ Sauce
Our homemade BBQ sauce was created to give us a spicy, smoky flavor with just a hint of sweetness. Smiley's BBQ sauce goes well with every dish: from ribs, chicken, and pork to veggies and tofu. We even put some in baked beans for a delicious side dish with a kick of spice. To make the baked beans, add some sweetener (1 tablespoon more of Splenda) to make the flavor just right.
No sugar added ketchup is a staple in our house (but we make our own). A serving is 1 tablespoons and has zero points. However, if you're going to eat several servings, I recommend counting it as 1 point, remmeber 2 tablespoons of Smiley's sugar free ketchup is only 1 Freestyle SmartPoint. You can use a sugar substitute instead of regular brown sugar if you would like.
For a milder sauce, omit the habaneros. If you want to make it the way we do, add 3 more habaneros and omit the serranos. 🙂
Do you want your BBQ sweet? Don't add the crushed red pepper, or the other peppers. It still comes out with fantastic flavor.
Some of My Favorite Weight Watchers Recipes
The Best BBQ Sauce on the net try it out for yourself and see 🙂
- 2 cups no sugar added ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder or minced onions
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 2 medium Habaneros peppers
- 2 medium Serranos peppers
- 1/2 cup of sugar substitute (brown sugar if you aren't counting points!)
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Mix all ingredients in a blender and puree
- Once smooth, pour contents into a saucepan
- Heat mixture for on medium heat for 3 minutes or until heated through. The mixture will start to boil that's when you know it's ready! 🙂
- serve with any dish you would like BBQ sauce on. 🙂
1 tablespoon 0 points
2 tablespoons 1 point
- Category: condiment
- Cuisine: American