Are you ready for autumn? This one is sure to get you in the mood 🙂
- 1 medium onion (minced)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 4 medium red potatoes (cubed)
- 2 carrots (sliced)
- 1 stalk of celery chopped (chopped)
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup of fat free milk
- ½ cup lite sour cream
- 1/2 cup fat free cheese
- 3 slices of turkey bacon
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1/2 cup of green onions sliced.
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- Slice and cut potatoes into cubes and add to the Instant Pot.
- Add broth, carrots, celery, garlic, onion, black pepper and crushed red pepper.
- Put the lid on, turn the valve to sealing and select Manual, high pressure, for 3 minutes.
- While the soup is cooking fry your bacon, crumble and set aside.
- It will take about 20 minutes total, including the time it takes to build pressure.
- Once the cook time is over, do a gradual quick release by slowly opening the valve to release the pressure. If you do this part to fast it will make a mess:)
- Remove the lid
- Turn the Instant Pot to saute.
- Whisk together the milk and cornstarch and stir into the soup.
- Cook and stir until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add bacon on top
- Garnish with green onions
Serves 6, 1 big cup each
5 BLUE POINTS
- Category: Main Course