Do you like Snacks? Yes, it is absurd to ask because it is hard to find someone who does not like a snack. A Snack is any food taken quickly between main meals. Why do we take these snacks? Possible reasons are low energy levels, hunger, or tasty food. Eating the right snacks is very important for a healthy lifestyle. Snacking is generally considered undesirable as it is associated with weight gain. But the fact is, healthy snacks will reduce calorie intake and help you get the essential nutrients.
What is a healthy snack? A healthy snack is high in fiber and water and low in fat and sugar. Ideally, a healthy snack contains fiber, protein, and healthy fat.
How To Choose Healthy Sweet Snacks For Weight Loss?
Fresh, frozen, or dried fruits are considered healthy snacks. Dark chocolate, smoothies, and treats prepared with whole foods like seeds, dates, and coconut make a healthy snack.
For choosing a healthy snack, you can consider the following:
- Fruit-based snacks – Fruits are low in calories and high in fiber, thereby helping in weight loss. Vitamins and minerals in fruits support a healthy diet. Apple, Grapefruit, Berries, Stonefruits, Passion fruit, Rhubarb, Kiwifruit, Melons, Oranges, Bananas, and Avocados are healthy fruit snacks.
- Vegetable-based snacks – Vegetables are high in fiber, low in calories, and low in fat. Vegetables are naturally filling snacks. You can try carrots, peas, cucumber, broccoli, capsicum, beetroot, corn, celery, etc.,
- High Protein Snacks – Proteins are highly nutritious and essential food that helps to build tissues and muscles. They also slow up digestion, thereby giving you a filling feel. Protein-rich foods are chicken, fish, nuts, eggs, whole grains, beans, and legumes.
- High Fiber snacks – Fiber foods help to regulate blood sugar, increase metabolism and reduce heart diseases by removing toxins and lowering cholesterol. It also allows you to feel full, thereby assisting weight loss. Oats, citrus fruits, potatoes, bran, barley, beans, and whole wheat flour are a few examples of fiber-rich foods.
You can prepare a healthy sweet snack by combining the healthy snacks with your favorite sweets, such as Dark chocolates, yogurts, smoothies, natural honey, etc., to reduce the overall sugar intake and make your snack diet healthy.
How To Store Healthy Sweet Snacks For Weight Loss?
Fruits are the best options for a healthy snack. Fruits with nuts, yogurts, and cheese would make it a better sweet snack. Proper storage of fruits will keep them fresh and taste good for a longer period. Most fruits can stay fresh when kept in the fridge. You can store fruits in plastic bags with tiny openings to release moisture, keeping them fresh for a longer time. Apples, Bananas, and Oranges are fine to be kept at room temperature. Grapes, Plums, and Berries are good when they are kept cold. You can make these fruits a little sweeter by combining them with desserts.
Vegetables are easy to preserve. They can be refrigerated to keep them fresh. Carrots and Celeries can be cut and placed in closed jars filled with water. When stored in the fridge, these jars can keep the vegetables fresh for a week.
You can store cut vegetables and fruits in airtight containers.
Healthy Sweet Snacks For A Weight Loss
Sugar Cravings are common, and your nutritionist would have said a big NO to candies, cookies, and sweet processed foods. Yet it is possible to overcome these cravings with a healthy diet. You can overcome your cravings with sweet and healthy snacks that would also help your weight loss.
Healthy Snack ideas
Healthy snacks are both nutritious and filling. You always include fruit or vegetables in your snacks
- Berries with Cheese
- Fruit skewers with yogurt
- Peaches with yogurt
- Apple slices with cheese
- Banana Slices with butter
- Lassi or Smoothie
- Carrot sticks with hummus
- Sliced tomatoes with boiled egg
- Veggie sticks with cashew dip
- Cucumber rounds with salad
- Chia pudding with pineapple
- Fruit with cottage cheese
- Almonds and Dark chocolates
- Spiced Avacoda
Healthy Sweet snacks are beneficial to our body and helps you from getting hungry often. It is the best alternative to your junk foods. In addition, it helps boosting energy levels and maintaining balanced sugar levels. Healthy sweet snacks may curb your sugar cravings and reduce the risk of heart diseases and diabetes. So, why waiting? It is time to hit the market to buy your healthy sweet snacks!
Q1. What causes Sugar Cravings?
Deficiency in minerals such as calcium, iron, zinc, chromium, and magnesium might cause sugar cravings. Stress and Hormonal imbalances could also be reasons. Blood sugar levels, both high and low, can tempt cravings. Foods rich in protein and fiber would help come out of these cravings.
Q2. Why should you choose healthy snacks?
People who prefer to lose weight and people who are on a diet due to diabetes, high cholesterol, and other medical conditions need to choose healthy snacks as they are low in sugar and high in proteins, vitamins, and fiber. They can look for fruits, vegetables, and whole grain snacks.
Q3. How do you make healthy snacks?
A healthy snack should contain protein and unrefined carbohydrates. The pairing of these two macro-nutrients will keep you energized and stay full longer. Healthy snacks will help maintain your weight also.