Chicken Breast and Mushrooms with Artichoke hearts
- 4 medium chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup artichoke hearts (canned or frozen drained)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1/4 cup zero carb heavy whipping cream (optional)
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 sprays cooking spray
- 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Press saute’ or sear on your pressure cooker or Ninja Foodie, put on medium high, and preheat for 5 minutes
- Spray your Ninja Foodi or pressure cooker with pan spray or add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pot, allow oil to get hot
- Add chicken breast and cook until they are seared, 3-5 minutes turn and repeat on the other side for about 1 minute to sear both sides
- remove chicken from the pot. If using diced onions add them to the pot and saute’ until soft 2-3 minutes. If using onion powder skip to the next step
- Add onion powder and wine to the pot and bring to a boil. Cook for 2-3 minutes until mixture has reduced by half.
- Add chicken broth, artichoke hearts, smoked paprika, crushed red pepper,garlic powder and pepper to the pot. Stir to mix thoroughly
- Place chicken in the pot
- Lock the pressure lid into place ensuring the valve is on sealing
- Select pressure and set to high. Set cook time to 5 minutes and press start
- Quick release. Remove the lid carefully
- Using tongs remove the chicken and place it on the reversible rack. Make sure the rack is in the up position.
- Add mushrooms to your sauce and mix well
- Add chicken back to the pot on the reversible rack
- Close the crisping lid and select bake, adjust the temp. to 375 and set the cook time to 12 minutes. Press start
- Once complete remove the chicken from the pot and place on a platter. Add heavy cream to the pot and stir.
- Pour sauce around the chicken and serve.
4 points per serving