Its Chili time and we have some of the best versions of chili on the net. Check us out at https://smileyspoints.com for some more chili ideas. (there are tons of other recipes here also 🙂
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion (minced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano (dried)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 16oz jar of salsa
- 3 cups black beans cooked (3 –16 oz cans worked just fine :))
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (peeled and sliced thin)
- 1 cup cheese (fat free)
- Press saute on your Instant Pot
- Add olive oil once heated
- Add onion and garlic and saute until the onion starts to caramelize (about 5 minutes)
- Stir in tomato paste, chili powder, oregano, cumin, and paprika.
- Stir in 1/8-1/4 cup of water to prevent the mixture from burning. You only need a small amount.
- Stir in salsa and black beans, heat through and taste, adjusting seasonings if necessary.
- Turn off your Instant Pot.
- Add sweet potato slices and stir to mix well. You want to make sure the potatoes are suspended in your chili mixture.
- Seal the lid, pressure cook on high for 15 minutes.
- Natural release for approximately 10 minutes, release the rest of the pressure, and stir.
- Potatoes should be soft but not mushy. Cook 5 minutes – a little longer if you want them softer.
- Layer chili and cheese in a bowl top with cheese and enjoy!
Serves 6 (1 cup servings)
3 points per serving
15 points for the whole thing
Omit the oil in this recipe and use a few tablespoons of water to soften your onion and garlic. You can even use your microwave to speed the process up a bit. Put the onion and garlic in a microwave safe bowl with 3 tablespoons of water for 2 minutes. Add them to the Instant Pot and continue with the recipe. 🙂
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American