A delicious potato alternative.
- 2 cups riced cauliflower
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup onion (minced or 1/4 c. onion powder)
- 3 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs (can substitute with gluten-free bread crumbs)
- To cook the cauliflower florets, steam a little over 2 cups riced cauliflower over a 1/3 cup water covered for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender but not mushy, then drain well and dry on paper towel. Using a knife, finely chop and set 2 cups aside.
- Preheat air fryer or Ninja Foodi to 375°F using the air fry option on the Foodi.
- Spray the nonstick air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of mixture in your hands and roll into small ovals.
- Place in the air fryer basket air fry at 375 for 10 minutes turning halfway through cooking until golden.
- Makes about 32 – 34 tots.
serving size about 8 tots
- Category: Side Dish, Snack