Time: Approximately 55 minutes
2 cups of carrots
2 cups of celery stalks (including leaves)
2 cups of yellow onions
2 cups of No-Yolk Egg Noodles
1½ lbs chicken breasts
½ cup chicken bouillon base
16 cups of water
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Add water to your stockpot and turn on medium/high heat. Once it starts to boil, drop your chicken breast in the water and boil for 15-20 minutes (depending on the size of the breast, bigger breasts take longer)
2. While your chicken is boiling, wash, peel and dice your veggies into small pieces.
3. Once your chicken is cooked remove it from the boiling stock and set it aside to rest in a dish. Chicken is easier to cut when it has cooled.
4. Pour your mirepoix (carrots, celery, onions) into your chicken stock, reduce heat to medium/low heat, and continue boiling for 15 minutes.
5. Add chicken bouillon base, stir well and let simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Dice your chicken in bite-size pieces and add to your pot. Let simmer for 3-5 minutes.
7. Add noodles and let simmer for 5-8 minutes.
8. At this point you’ll have to judge on your own whether adjustments need to be made. The noodles will have absorbed a lot of water and the soup will have reduced from boiling down. If you like your soup thick, leave it be. If not, you can add a cup or two of water and a teaspoon or two of extra chicken bouillon base.
9. Play with the broth until you’re satisfied, add salt and pepper to your liking.
10. Serve in your favorite soup mug or bowl accompanied with crackers.