Herb Roasted Chicken
There is nothing like the smell of a chicken roasting. Makes me think of summertime, swimming pools and having friends over. The house fills with warmth, and the kids all want some. I have cooked a lot of chicken in my 46+ years. I have tried many different recipes from beer can chicken to basting it every 20 minutes, and I have found this is the one I love the most. This recipe is a combination of a few recipes and makes the best overall Herb Roasted Chicken. Using this recipe, your chicken will always be moist and delicious on the inside and crispy on the out. Pure perfection served up in no time thanks to the Ninja Foodi.
Easy Herb Roasted Chicken
You guys are in for a treat! We are sharing one of the BEST chicken recipes. I am talking about a golden brown color, savory flavor that usually only comes from hours of cooking slow. We were so impressed with the ease of making this dish, along with the incredible flavor we just had to share it right away. Now I know what you are thinking, I already have the perfect chicken recipe. I use it all the time to make my own
Herb Roasted Chicken Breast
You can use this recipe for cooking different parts of the chicken as well as the whole thing as we show here. The healthiest option is to cook just the breast. The breast is the lowest in fat content and has a high amount of protein. Another great reason to use the breast is that it absorbs the spices and flavors very quickly and when made correctly isn't dried out. Follow our recipe here, and you will have the perfect juicy, herb-roasted chicken breast or whole chicken in no time at all.
Easy Freezer Meals
Chicken freezes and keeps very well. It also reheats quickly. Now that chicken breast is 0 points on WW Freestyle program, we are using it a lot more in main dishes and as snacks. To complete this meal add corn on the cob, or you can use the leftover chicken for chicken salad or one of the other dishes mentioned. We have created a recipe that makes other recipes taste fantastic. Using this instead of my spicy version of chicken breast in chicken salad gives it a different taste altogether. A great way to add variety to your lunch is to make the chicken and serve it for dinner, then cut up the leftovers, make some chicken salad. Take the chicken off of the bone and save it in the fridge, on Wednesday when you are wondering what to make for lunch for Thursday, you can take out the chicken and whip together a quick chicken salad, add a few celery spears and lunch is made.
Other Great Recipes
How Many Points in a Whole Chicken?
Chicken Breast (skinless) 0 points
1/2 Chicken Breast (with skin and bones) 4 points
Chicken Leg Quarter with skin(leg and thigh) 6 points
Chicken Wing Cooked with skin and bone 6 points
Chicken wing rotisserie without skin 2 points
There is a big difference between eating the skin and not. Plan your meals accordingly.
Whole chicken with skin 56 points
Whole chicken skinless 16 points
Herb roasted chicken cooked in the Ninja Foodi with tender crisp
- 1 5-7lbs whole chicken
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup Splenda (your favorite sugar substitute. Or use honey don't forget to count your points :))
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder (you can use fresh garlic cloves crushed)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (use your favorite oil 🙂 or cooking spray)
- 1 tbsp whole peppercorns
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp chili seasonings
- Clean your chicken, removing the giblets and neck. rinse well, tie legs together using cooking string.
- Place peppercorns and garlic into the pot (if you used fresh garlic)
- In a small bowl mix together lemon juice, how water,sweetener, and salt pour mixture into the pot (if using garlic powder add it here)
- Place chicken into the air crisp basket and put it into the pot
- Place pressure cook lid on and make sure the valve is in the seal position.
- Pressure cook on high for 20 minutes
- Quick release and remove the lid
- Brush chicken with oil or spray with cooking spray
- season with salt, pepper, smoked paprika and chile seasonings
- close the crisping lidset temp. to 400 degrees and set time to 30 minutes
- at 25 minutes check to see if it is crisp enough for you if not close the lid and let it cook the additional 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken and let it rest for 10-15 minutes, Enoy
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American