Smiley's Points | Weight Watchers Recipes that Make You Smile! | So happy you're here. :) Smiley's Points participates in affiliate programs. That's how the bills get paid! Though I earn some revenue if you buy a deal through one of our affiliate links, there is no additional charge to you and I only recommend products I know and love.
I'm excited about this Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Soup! The kids loved it, it's filling, and it's only 2 points (more about points later). Cooking chicken and rice in the pressure cooker is an easy way to make dinner in a hurry. You don't have to have a ton of time or energy, which is a bonus for me lately! Serve this soup with my healthy Cheddar Bay copycat biscuits. They're only ONE POINT!
Instant Pot Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
This soup won't break the points bank for the day, which makes me happy! Weight Watchers chicken and rice soup can be as simple or as complex as you wish.
Add extra zero point vegetables, kick it up a notch with some more spices, sprinkle it with cheese, and/or top with sour cream (or zero point Greek Yogurt mixed with some seasoning to make it taste better). The possibilities are endless with this one!
Weight Watchers Points
If you follow the Freestyle program, this recipe is 2 Freestyle SmartPoints per serving. The entire recipe is 14 SmartPoints. The only ingredients that add points are oil and rice. And yes, the oil is a must when sauteing in the Instant Pot. The servings are big but not exact, so just divide into 6 somewhat equal servings.
Instant Pot Chicken and Wild Rice Soup DirectionsPrint
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 6oz tomato paste (we make our own so it's zero points – canned may add points)
- 1 cup minced yellow onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 cups sliced brown mushrooms
- ½ cup wild rice blend
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups of unsalted chicken stock
- 1 pound of shredded chicken breasts. No skin
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Set Instant Pot on Saute
- Add Olive oil and once it is hot add the garlic and onions and saute for 30 seconds
- Add carrots and celery, saute until tender, another 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and saute and saute for 30 seconds, add veggies to the mix
- Add mushrooms, wild rice, thyme, bay leaves, salt, pepper, and chicken stock. Stir until well mixed
- Add shredded chicken and cover
- Pressure cook on high for 35 minutes
- Quick release garnish with parsley
- Serve and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1
Note: We make our own tomato paste by blending fresh tomatoes and garlic in the blender. If you use canned tomato paste it may add a point, depending on which one you get (there are no sugar added varieties).
Crockpot Chicken and Rice Soup Directions
You can make chicken and rice soup in the crockpot as well! Dump all ingredients except rice in the Crockpot and cook on low for 4 hours. If the chicken isn't already falling apart, shred it about an hour before it's finished, if you can. At that time (an hour before the 4 hours is up), stir in the rice. Be careful not to overcook the rice or it'll turn to mush.
Weight Watchers Dinner Recipes
I have other dinner recipes on my site that I'd love for you to check out and/or pin!